DNS server doesn't work with whm/cpanel

andymartyn

Registered
Jun 14, 2007
I have just got a vps, fresh clean install of fedora core 5 and carried out an install of cpanel. It installs fine, can log into whm etc no problem.

So I set up my main account and have checked over the dns zone and it is fine but trying to use a lookup on dns places I always get "DNS server returned an error: Query refused"

Now I tried a free web admin and set up the zones in the same way and it works perfectly, resolves and web sites are perfect so pointing me to something cpanel wise

Anyone have any ideas? It's really frustrating considering I pay for cpanel :(

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have just got a vps, fresh clean install of fedora core 5 and carried out an install of cpanel. It installs fine, can log into whm etc no problem.

So I set up my main account and have checked over the dns zone and it is fine but trying to use a lookup on dns places I always get "DNS server returned an error: Query refused"

Now I tried a free web admin and set up the zones in the same way and it works perfectly, resolves and web sites are perfect so pointing me to something cpanel wise

Anyone have any ideas? It's really frustrating considering I pay for cpanel :(
Please open a ticket @ https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

Looks like something didn't get setup exactly right.

andymartyn

Registered
Jun 14, 2007
My cpanel license is via another company rather than yourselves directly so I have raised a ticket with them