Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS server settings...

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Jul 25, 2003.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

When I viewed the DNS Zone for the main domain name on my server things do not look right. I have done a screen shot of the page if anyone can take a look at it & let me know if it is correct or not. Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

No Screenshot attached or linked to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

I was planning on emailing it to those who could help but I guess a link will do just fine, thanks.

http://thunderhosting.com/dns.jpg

Now so you know what my IP scheme is I have listed it below...

209.51.135.122 Main Server IP & server ns1 NS1.OURSSL.COM
    209.51.135.122 server ns2 NS2.OURSSL.COM

The 3rd field down (in the bottom section) has 209.51.135.123 as the main domain IP. I always thought it was the same as the main server IP of .122

The 3rd & 2nd from the last field have .123 & .124 as ns1 & ns2 respectiv. I have .122 & .123 registered with my registrar as ns1 & ns2 & even under the name server configuration in WHM it is ns1 = .122 & ns2 = .123. I am confused. Please help.