The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dns server setup

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by erik@delphi, Aug 7, 2005.

1. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

hi people,

Yesterdy i moved my dns services to another agent.I payed online through my creditcard and i received an e-mail "please confirm dns change" etc now my cpanel / whm server is unreachable and i cannot find anything under my control what might be wrong.Steps i have taken

control panel from dns agent
    nameserver ns1.mydomain.com
    nameserver ns1.myhoster.com
    nameserver ns2.myhoster.com

whm /cpanel setup
    under "server setup" in whm i enter "ns.mydomain.com" and i hit assign ipafter that add a entry for this nameserver that all goes fine (same proces for the two other name servers)

in "/etc/wwwacct.conf"

Code:
    NS ns1.mydomain.com
    NS2 ns1.myhoster.com
    NS3 ns2.myhoster.com

same proces for /etc/resolv.conf"

domain mydomain.com
    NameSever IP_HERE
    NameServer IP_HERE
    NameServer IP_HERE

but still i get "cannot find server" and www.dnsreport.com show several red lines hmmm my ideas are up what's wrong here ? could it be the transfer from my domain isn't complete yet ? (it's weekend) the site from dns managment for my country still shows the old nameservers

Attached Files:

#1 erik@delphi, Aug 7, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  2. chris74108

chris74108 Well-Known Member

I can get to your forums fine

3. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

running fine now .... :)

4. EastcoastUK

EastcoastUK Member

What was the issue - having same prob myself

I was wondering if things eventually started what was the issue as i'm in the same position myself. I have just taken over a VPS Account which the initial setup was done by my Host. Everything looks ok in the DNS setting within WHM and I have pointed the nameservers at my domain and IP's but I still get directed to my Holding Page with Namescheap.

I updated the NS Records late last night but they have not resolved yet. How long did this take for your records to be right?

I'm also having issues with getting the shared SSL working which installed fine but will not work when accessing https://myhosting.com. Is it right that it wont work correctly until my nameservers have resolved?

Many thanks to all in advance...

Jay Kay

#4 EastcoastUK, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009