The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Settings. Please help! Urgent!

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by SeñorAmor2, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SeñorAmor2

SeñorAmor2 Registered

I have a hosting server with cPanel on it. It's running its own nameservers. It used to have two external IP addresses on it. We have since moved it behind a router on a different ISP and now it has an internal 10.0.0.x IP address. Everything on the router that matches a list of ports cPanel needs is forwarded to my hosting server. I have called my new ISP and asked them to set up the appropriate reverse DNS entries. I have made the correct IP changes for my nameservers with my registrar.

What do I do with my new A entries for the domains on my box? Do I change them to a 10.0.0.x entry since that's the IP on my box, or do I change them to the external IP address of the router I'm behind that's forwarding everything to my box? If it's the latter, how do I set that up in cPanel as adding a new IP adds it to eth0:1.

Help please. I'm stumped and I can't seem to figure out where I've gone wrong.