The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS setup for 2 or more servers.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by kicon, Oct 24, 2014.

1. kicon

kicon Member

hi
    i run a business with webhosting. i have 2 servers with different country. both servers has it's own cpanel license installed. could anyone please help me what is the best way to set up both DNS like ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com for both servers working with whmcs? thank you

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, the link referenced in the previous post should help guide you on how to configure a DNS cluster. Note that typically it's a better idea performance-wise to setup DNS-Only on a separate server instead of linking two web servers to each other.

Thank you.

4. kicon

kicon Member

thank you for helping like i read cluster is the idea for sharing servers to reduce the performance. i think i should make myself clear my customers can make their choices for a web hosting either on usa server or europe server location. it means if a customer want a web hosting on a usa server then it must be created exactly on a usa server. can anyone have a best idea for this? thank you in advance.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel currently supports clustering for DNS purposes only. There is support to host your databases on a remote MySQL server, however beyond that, there are no native options that allow for management of services across multiple servers. I recommend searching our forums for "mirroring" and "high availability" for custom solutions that other users may have implemented. There are lots of discussions about the best ways to do this. EX:

Load Balancing
    Load Balancing Servers
    cPanel Load Balanced Servers

Also, feel free to add your input to the following active feature requests:

Active Redundancy or High Availability
    Build in Load Balancing

Thank you.