The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Setup Plus Reverse

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by kamals, Oct 28, 2004.

1. kamals

kamals Member

hello all, i am tottaly new to this dedicated business so here are some few questions that i am confused with even reading most posts abt it here..

looks like setting up dns in whm is pretty simple..but could you tell me anything specific should be done to getting it work.

also the provider gave me this note "For the reverse resolvers for cpanel, please use: 66.90.68.XX & 66.90.68.XX" and i donno wat to do with it, could you guys explain to me abt how to go abt doing it in cpanel.

like you guys said i did search and found lot of information on this forum but i was unable to understand which should i do and so on..please help me out here.. thanks a bunch.. :)

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try this link for name server setup: http://tinyurl.com/3zbf5
    That page will also give you some info regarding resolv.conf. One thing that is outdated there is using 127.0.0.1. Instead you should now use the main IP of your server followed by the two name server entries.

3. ozz

ozz Registered

I am totally lost

I have just purchased a dedicated server from easyspace it has been activated and ready for use, unfortunatley they do not provide support and I am lost with it.

I have few domain names registered and also few domains registered with hosting.
    What I wanted to do was to transfer all these accounts, and emails to my server.

first of all, I need to set up the server which comes with cPanel and WHM to be used for multiple accounts using my own nameserver. and to be able to transfer all these accounts and email setup to my own server for total control.

I can not seem to find any documentation with step by step instruction for beginners

Any help would be appriciates

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    search these forms there is a couple of new server set up check lists

I would be more than happy to set it all up for you for you for $
    :)