The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Setup Question

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by stevensteven, Jun 26, 2005.

1. stevensteven

stevensteven Registered

Goal: I'd like multiple domains to resolve to the same account.

Question: I seem to be getting a relay error (see below) and can't figure out how to solve it. What is the correct setup to achieve my goal?

Current Setup: I created an account in WHM as root for domain1.com. Then I parked domain2.com at domain1.com. Finally, I setup domain email forwarding so that domain2.com email forwards to domain1.com.

Problem: Here is the bounce message that I receive when sending an email to email@domain2.com from Yahoo:

Getting MX record for domain2.com (from local DNS server, may be cached)... Got it!

Host Preference IP(s) [Country] mail.domain2.com. 10 147.202.46.193 [US] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Try connecting to the following mailserver:
    mail.domain2.com. - 147.202.46.193

Step 2: If still unsuccessful, queue the E-mail for later delivery.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trying to connect to all mailservers:

mail.domain2.com. - 147.202.46.193 [Could not connect: Got an unknown RCPT TO response: 550-test.dnsstuff.com (test.DNSreport.com) [66.36.241.109] is currently not
    550-permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into
    550-the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP
    550 Authentication turned on in your email client.
    ]

Thank you

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Check if domain2.com is listed in /etc/localdomains or not....if not make an entry for it.

3. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Run /scripts/fixrelayd for relay error's

4. radical

radical Well-Known Member

re: mails will not go without smtp auth..

hi

from today, even if i have checked my mail in the last 10 minutes, i cannot send mails via smtp without first enabling smtp authentication in my mail client.

I get this error when trying to send .....

The message could not be sent because one of the recepients was rejected byt the server. Server Response "550 Minutes or do not have SMTP authentication turned on in your mail client.

If i enable smtp authentication it goes, but since most of my clients did not have this option enabled, they are unable to send mails from today. earlier they could pop first and then immediatly would be able to send mails even without smtp authentication option enabled.

will running this be able to fix the above problem
    /scripts/fixrelayd

thanks
    Sunny

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Running /scripts/relayd ought to fix it, yes.

6. radical

radical Well-Known Member

thank you - it worked

hello

/scripts/fixrelayd - worked

it now allows me to send mail without smtp authentication (provided i have already checked via pop3 first)

grateful for all the help

Sunny