The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Templates - Very Frustrating

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by hostricity, Jun 28, 2004.

1. hostricity

hostricity Active Member

I can't find any documentation on DNS Templates. The little bit that is mentioned in the function itself:

simple - used for creating a zone with only an A entry for the domain.
    standard - used for creating a the default zone on a new account and parked/addon domains
    standardvirtualftp - used for creating a the default zone on a new account with a virtual ftp ip

As far as I can tell, the DNS templates don't have anything to do with setting up a new account. Apparently, they are only used when using the "Add a DNS Zone" function in WHM.

Is this correct? I wasted several hours today trying to figure out why the accounts I was creating didn't use the DNS Templates.

What I need to do is:

!. Create accounts with a customized DNS Zone both through WHM and via the API from my shopping cart.

2. Have different customized DNS Zones for different resellers or for different packages.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Geoff

2. carly

carly Registered

I'm reaaly happy to see that I'm not hte only one. I just spend 2 hours and finally erase all my account just to be sure i'm not the one in error.

I use an external dns and I need a custom template for when I create a new account.

I'll continue to search if I found something I will tell you and please do the same for me.

Thank

Carly Darbouze
    Thunderdome Media