The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS templates

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dchepishev, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dchepishev

dchepishev Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi all,

Does anyone knows if I change DNS templates with root account does this changes the dns templates for resellers too, or resellers have their own copies ?

Thanks

2. Zaf

Zaf Well-Known Member

Modifying templates doesnt affect any existing zones. Only new zones/accounts created are based on the modified template. Similarly, I believe if you created the reseller account before changing the templates in the root account, reseller's templates wont be affected. While if you created reseller accounts after changing the templates, they'd get the new templates.

3. asmar

asmar Well-Known Member

Hi,

Is there a way that existing changes to the dns template file override the existing zones?
    I add a few extra things on the dns zone templates and those need to be applied to the whole zones.

Any help is much appreciated.

4. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Yes I have quite a few domains to sort through is there a faster way to apply the new zone template to the existing accounts on the server instead of just new ones when created?