Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS trouble in WHM

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by meanpc, Mar 24, 2004.

1. meanpc

meanpc Registered

I have a weird problem with my DNS. The DNS servers are ns1.meanpc.com and ns2.meanpc.com

I can add sites using WHM and they work fine.

The only one I cannot get to work is when I try to add meanpc.com --- I checked the DNS zone configuration and it is the same as the other sites that DO work.

I am getting 'There is no website configured at this address.' at the meanpc.com address. ANY other domain name I add works fine. All domains are being added to the same IP address.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is the hostname of your server? If it is www.meanpc.com, then it is a bad idea (from the research I've done) to try to create a site using WHM that matches the hostname you are already using.

- Scott

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...