The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS wierdness

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mccmikey, Sep 21, 2002.

1. mccmikey

mccmikey Member

G'day :)

I am a client of a cpanel user :)

I have often had trouble with dns resolution of my site auzzie.net.

Typically, auzzie.net resolves fine, but quite often I am told by some DNS servers in Aus that mail.auzzie.net and occasionally www.auzzie.net do not exist. This is of course a bit of a pest, as I have 100 people relying on auzzie.net for email.

In my research I came up with the following:
    http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=auzzie.net

There are several highlighted items in that list, many of which I don't understand, but which might be a key to the DNS wierdness.

At time of writing dns10.comindico.com.au (which my clients now use) is not resolving mail and www.auzzie.net; but ns1.comindico.com.au is. I have put in a support ticket, but am wondering if any of you have encountered similar wierdness :) It might not be a cpanel issue.

Cheers, Mike.

2. Ren

Ren Member

I have this exact same problem with one of my clients . He didnt have any problems til about 3 weeks ago , now all the sudden he cannot check email and can only view the site by ip's on his home pc , but at work he has none of these issues.

3. mccmikey

mccmikey Member

Perhaps the thread at http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=4311 is related. (Bind 9 issues, unresolved.)