The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Zone and Nameserver Transfer Problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gamersradio, Jun 20, 2009.

1. gamersradio

gamersradio Registered

I'm trying to transfer hosts and have had great success with most of my domains when performing the transfer from the "Copy an account from another server with account password" feature in WHM. I was able to move over 4 domains without a problem, but saved my largest site for last since it is also the most complicated site to move.

Following directions from this site, I set up the old server DNS (Edit DNS Zone) to point the forums subdomain to the new server IP address. This successfully pointed the forums to the new server and everything works fine concerning that.

The problem comes up when I try to set the DNS Zone for the rest of the values under Edit DNS Zone. When I change the IP values to point the main domain to the new server I am receiving the default "Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" message when I visit my domain (excluding the forum subdomain).

My problem seems to be nearly identical to this older post, including how my main site has a dedicated IP address and I originally had a SSL certificate set up with it (later removed to see if that would help). The major difference between that problem and mine is that my site is dealing with DNS Zone edits and the forum subdomain is working fine.

I am able to view the domain.com content by visiting the link provided by the domain name under List Accounts (ex. 192.168.0.0/~user). Which tells me that the content is all there, but something is messed up in the configuration. The question is why would the subdomain (forums.domain.com) work fine when I set the old server to use the new server IP for it, when the rest of the site (domain.com) shows the default Apache message?

If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate your help. I would even be willing to pay someone who is a master at this type of thing to help resolve this problem if its something that requires hands on help.