sam.rahimzadeh

Registered
Oct 18, 2020
Iran
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Recently I have changed my mail host, after implementing new host's configuration on outlook, It is possible to send Email but cant receive any, after changing configuration to previous host I can receive emails, I thought it might because of Zone setting on new host's Cpanel, however under Domain Category there is no such item so I wonder if any one can help me to resolve this issue.
many thanks inadvance.

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @sam.rahimzadesh,

It's a good idea to check the DNS is configured properly.

You should reach out to your hosting provider for assistance as I suspect the editor might be disabled by the system administrator.

Reactions: sam.rahimzadeh

sam.rahimzadeh

Registered
Oct 18, 2020
Iran
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi @sam.rahimzadesh,

It's a good idea to check the DNS is configured properly.

You should reach out to your hosting provider for assistance as I suspect the editor might be disabled by the system administrator.
Thank you for your respond, what you said was right, I contacted with administrators, and they resolved this issue, it was disabled on Cpanel.
Now I am facing with new issue, some of our Email accounts give pop3 encrypition method error, while logging in with outlook, I tried SSL and TLS, non didn't work. Do you think it could be due to the antivirus port monitoring? Or what other issues can cause such problem?

Reactions: ZenHostingTravis

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the initial issue resolved.

As far as the encryption error, this really isn't enough to provide you with any advice, though I can say that commonly I see these issues for a couple of reasons. One being that your mail client doesn't support TLS v1.2 connections and is attempting to connect to the server via SSL v 2 or 3 which is not supported by default on new cPanel servers. The other being that as you mentioned an antivirus. If an antivirus is the culprit, you can disable it locally to troubleshoot it.

Reactions: sam.rahimzadeh

sam.rahimzadeh

Registered
Oct 18, 2020
Iran
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the initial issue resolved.

As far as the encryption error, this really isn't enough to provide you with any advice, though I can say that commonly I see these issues for a couple of reasons. One being that your mail client doesn't support TLS v1.2 connections and is attempting to connect to the server via SSL v 2 or 3 which is not supported by default on new cPanel servers. The other being that as you mentioned an antivirus. If an antivirus is the culprit, you can disable it locally to troubleshoot it.
Thank you for your respond, At the moment, some of our users are utilizing email through ssl connection so I assume that cpanel server supports that encryption method. I will try to disable port monitoring for pop3 on antivirus see if that will resolve the issue. I will inform you about situation.
Thank you again for provided information much appreciated.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This could be, there is a difference between SSL and TLS though they are both encrypted connections, SSLv2 or 3 is not supported on most servers replaced by TLS (your client may not differentiate between the two) and if you're using older outlook versions you may also run into this.

I do think the first step though would be to ensure that the issue isn't coming from your antivirus and port filtering.