The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Zone Editor with a custom branded cPanel theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Martin Velikov, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Martin Velikov

Martin Velikov Registered

The DNS Zone Editor does not work. I am having the same troubles with a custom branded cPanel theme. Any guidelines how to fix it?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What specifically is not working with the DNS Zone Editor? Please try to describe and detail as verbosely as possible.

Does the DNS Zone Editor work normally using the stock-default styles or branding packages for X3?

What is the full cPanel version number of the affected system? This is obtained via the following command using root SSH access:
    Code:
    # cat /usr/local/cpanel/version && echo

3. Martin Velikov

Martin Velikov Registered

I am sorry I was not clear enough. This post should have been made under an existing thread where Demo to a branded cPanel is provided. Was it moved or I clicked new thread and not reply :confused::eek:

Anyway. Functionality that relies on java script in a branded cPanel does not seem to work.

When you enter values in the available boxes (name and IP address for example) and click the "Add Record" button - it does not do anything.

Same goes for email accounts creation and MX entries. Files in question:

mail/mx.html
    mail/pops.html
    zoneedit/advanced.html
    zoneedit/simple.html

As something prevents the java scripts from loading properly.

Yes, it works like a charm with the default one. I am interested in a custom branding based on X3 and I want those options functional.

11.25.0-RELEASE_42399

Thanks for any help or guide lines where to look at you can provide.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Your post was moved from the original thread as I believed (to the best of my understanding) that your new inquiry may be an issue different than original topic of discussion; however, it is possible I may be mistaken (and where appropriate we may merge threads if they are very similar).

To help clarify the inquiry, what is the specific information from the MyBrandedHOST web site that your inquiry is referring to?

If not referring to information on the MyBrandedHOST web site, what method and steps were used to apply the custom branding?