The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Zone Editor

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ssilvius, Feb 26, 2004.

1. ssilvius

ssilvius Active Member

The DNS Zone editor is destroying all our SPF txt entries. Anyone figured out a way to stop this besides not using the editor?

I have people that I trust to add an A record but I in the same breath I'd not trust them in vi editing the zone files.

I submited a feature request months ago asking for SPF support automated in the wwwacct script and exim settings. Never heard a word back.

For those of you that don't know what i'm talking about http://spf.pobox.com/

edit:// Nick this could create you a lot of good press if you got this working.... "cPanel helps ISPs the world over fight spam..." It's all about spin Nick!

hehe.

#1 ssilvius, Feb 26, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  2. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

we also use SPF and published the txt records and cpanel did not overwrite them at all.
    but since you like spf so much, did you implement spf in exim or do you just publish records?

3. xnull

xnull Well-Known Member

How do you go about implementing SPF on a WHM/Cpanel box? I know where the SPF publishing wizard is, however I'm not sure if we need to install Milter or upgrade SpamAssassin to 2.7+.

4. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

well, the SPF records that you enter in the WHM DNS editor are useless because there is a bug for TXT fields in WHM.
    And to use the filtering with SPF just use the files for exim as explained on the SPF website. It works very well.