The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS zone file for nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dxer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

One of largest ISP in my country have problem with my server. I mean, sometimes their users can not reach my server. I have reversed IP for hostname and both nameservers but this don't help.

The thing is that other ISPs see my server but weird thing is when I do nslookup through various ISP DNS servers (for my country) they result with "host not found NXDOMAIN". But then, again sometimes they respond OK. Never mind that, just one (largest) ISP in country sometimes don't see my server and sometimes do.
    Their DNS admin told me that the problem is that ma nameserver don't have record for themselfs.
    So I went to WHM/DNS Zone and I found that there are no DNS Zone files for my 2 nameservers. I would like to create it but I don't know how they need to look like. I see other DNS zone files but these are for domains hosted on server. But I need to create these to for nameservers and they surely look different. Please, can you snap one of your DNS zone files for nameservers and post here please or attach here.

Thanks

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You don't require separate zone files for your name servers but do require "A" records similar to
    ns1 14400 A "IP Address". Once you have added them check http://dnsreport.com/ or http://www.checkdns.net for errors. If you still need additional help, posting a domain name here would be useful.