The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Zone Question

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by tboome, May 8, 2014.

1. tboome

tboome Registered

I am on a VPS but I devloped one of my website for a quick but impressive portfolio site. I eventually plan on making my own website and moving it to the VPS.

I configured by Enom.com to point the TLD to the nameservers for the VPS and then used WHM to make the dns entries to point the www entry to the WIX IP address to serve up the website and the VPS IP address for the email.

Trouble is that when I check the DNS entries it says that the email is pointing to the WIX servers.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the configuration. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or is it just impossible to do what I am trying to do?

Attached Files:

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The way to do this is:

yourdomain.com -> A -> WIX IP
    yourdomain.com -> MX -> main.yourdomain.com
    mail.yourdomain.com -> A -> VPS IP

In the future, please remove your domain details from posts - that information is not needed here.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please also ensure that when editing the DNS Zone, you select the following under "Email Routing":

"Local Mail Exchanger"

You can also select "Automatically Detect Configuration", assuming it shows as "Local".

Thank you.