The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS zone transfer to non-cpanel server, how do I do this?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by osogge, Jul 8, 2004.

1. osogge

osogge Registered

I've got my cpanel server which is primary nameserver for all zones, and as the secondary nameserver I'd like to use a windows server.

I've read the documentation from end-to-end and browsed this forum, and still haven't found a topic regarding this issue. Clustering seems to be only against cpanel servers, and various custom scripts out there are only compatible with linux servers.

How do I set this up?
    Do I have to manully edit the /etc/named.conf file for each zone and add a 'allow-transfer ip'?

All input is most welcome

2. evisions

evisions Well-Known Member

Hey osogge, did you ever find out how to do this? I'm looking to do exactly the same thing. I'm running Bind 9 on my windows server and I want to use that as my secondary. I was just starting to search the forum and found this post. Let me know if you can point me in the right direction, perhaps we can work this out together.

3. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Add the secondaries in WHM under edit zone files as an additional name server entry.