Aaton35

Registered
Feb 4, 2002
After creating accounts via my whm gui, I notice that in my var/named dir that the mydomain.com.db zone files are created. I have been told by my isp to that creating accounts and creating zones are 2 different processes and that if I want to create a zone for my a domain on my server that I mus do it using the create dns zone through whm. When I attempt to create a dns zone it says that the zone has been added to my name server (btw, I am running my own nameserver, or attempting to at least) but then I click on edit zones and there are no zones in the box where my isp tells me they should be. I created my own nameserver because my isp does not use wildcards on their domains and I want to have full control over creating my own subdomains. I need to be able to create these as well as forward other domains to different isps, such as mail.mydomain.com. I would rather not edit the zone files manually as I have been told doing so can totally screw cpanel, to the point a total os reinstall is needed. Any help on this issue would be so greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Aaton35

B

bdraco

[quote:72b8992c3c][i:72b8992c3c]Originally posted by Aaton35[/i:72b8992c3c]

After creating accounts via my whm gui, I notice that in my var/named dir that the mydomain.com.db zone files are created. I have been told by my isp to that creating accounts and creating zones are 2 different processes and that if I want to create a zone for my a domain on my server that I mus do it using the create dns zone through whm. When I attempt to create a dns zone it says that the zone has been added to my name server (btw, I am running my own nameserver, or attempting to at least) but then I click on edit zones and there are no zones in the box where my isp tells me they should be. I created my own nameserver because my isp does not use wildcards on their domains and I want to have full control over creating my own subdomains. I need to be able to create these as well as forward other domains to different isps, such as mail.mydomain.com. I would rather not edit the zone files manually as I have been told doing so can totally screw cpanel, to the point a total os reinstall is needed. Any help on this issue would be so greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Aaton35[/quote:72b8992c3c]

Do you have a DNSMASTER configured in your server server?