The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dns Zones are not displayed

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Aaton35, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Aaton35

Aaton35 Registered

After creating accounts via my whm gui, I notice that in my var/named dir that the mydomain.com.db zone files are created. I have been told by my isp to that creating accounts and creating zones are 2 different processes and that if I want to create a zone for my a domain on my server that I mus do it using the create dns zone through whm. When I attempt to create a dns zone it says that the zone has been added to my name server (btw, I am running my own nameserver, or attempting to at least) but then I click on edit zones and there are no zones in the box where my isp tells me they should be. I created my own nameserver because my isp does not use wildcards on their domains and I want to have full control over creating my own subdomains. I need to be able to create these as well as forward other domains to different isps, such as mail.mydomain.com. I would rather not edit the zone files manually as I have been told doing so can totally screw cpanel, to the point a total os reinstall is needed. Any help on this issue would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Aaton35

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:72b8992c3c][i:72b8992c3c]Originally posted by Aaton35[/i:72b8992c3c]

After creating accounts via my whm gui, I notice that in my var/named dir that the mydomain.com.db zone files are created. I have been told by my isp to that creating accounts and creating zones are 2 different processes and that if I want to create a zone for my a domain on my server that I mus do it using the create dns zone through whm. When I attempt to create a dns zone it says that the zone has been added to my name server (btw, I am running my own nameserver, or attempting to at least) but then I click on edit zones and there are no zones in the box where my isp tells me they should be. I created my own nameserver because my isp does not use wildcards on their domains and I want to have full control over creating my own subdomains. I need to be able to create these as well as forward other domains to different isps, such as mail.mydomain.com. I would rather not edit the zone files manually as I have been told doing so can totally screw cpanel, to the point a total os reinstall is needed. Any help on this issue would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Aaton35[/quote:72b8992c3c]

Do you have a DNSMASTER configured in your server server?