The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dns Zones For Dedicated Ip

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by KHeadley, Sep 9, 2011.

1. KHeadley

KHeadley Member

Sep 9, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar (ignore locally specified nameservers)
    Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account

Am I right in thinking that if I have 5 websites that I want to give unique ip addresses to, I set up their account using the option "Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar (ignore locally specified nameservers)" and setup the unique ip address for each account on the child nameservers of the domain name or do I need to assign the ip to an account through whm? If I have to assign an account a specific ip how is this done??
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This option is used to determine if the name servers used in the DNS Zone of the domain name comes from your default name servers configured in Web Host Manager, or from the domain registrar.

This option simply overwrites any existing DNS Zones for the domain name with a new DNS Zone based on the default template.

If you want to change the IP address of an account, you can use the following option in Web Host Manager:

"WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address"

Thank you.