DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in my domain.

Nurik4249

Sep 9, 2020
Beruniy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi dear Admins, my WHM main domain still with issue DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. I can't saw WHM and cPanel. How to install a new domain for access? Please help me. My System Admin is offline for 45 days.

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The domain needs to resolve to the server, so if you're creating a new hostname you need to point the hostname to the IP address of the server where DNS for it is hosted (where the nameservers point to). If that's your server then you'll just go to WHM>>Networking Setup>>Change Hostname and change the hostname to a FQDN in the format of host.name.tld and add an A record entry for it.

Nurik4249

Sep 9, 2020
Beruniy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi dear, Please share me instruction for add domain for access to WHM/cPanel and change DNS. I have a new domain, I want to add and use it for login to WHM/cPanel.
The domain needs to resolve to the server, so if you're creating a new hostname you need to point the hostname to the IP address of the server where DNS for it is hosted (where the nameservers point to). If that's your server then you'll just go to WHM>>Networking Setup>>Change Hostname and change the hostname to a FQDN in the format of host.name.tld and add an A record entry for it.