Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNSONLY / CentOS 7.2 / can't add server to cluster

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by sjwrick, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sjwrick

sjwrick Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have cluster working just fine.
    I had python update issue on a droplet at DigitalOcean.com. This was one of two top of the pile servers for me. Finally decided to get a new server setup today.

I created a new droplet (CentOS7.2) and installed a cPanel DNSONLY config per the instructions here
    digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-cpanel-on-a-virtual-server-running-centos-6 .

It is a base install of CentOS and DNSONLY.

When I try to "add a new server to the cluster" from my other primary name server the set up hangs for a bit them switches to a screen which normally says things were successful. This screen never says that.

I don't think a firewall is blocking data transfer (turned the firewall of on the new sever) and when I choose debug and see a bunch of failure .....

Something about unable to connect or connection timing out.​

What should I try to get the new DNSONLY server to be a part of the cluster?

Help,

Rick

#1 sjwrick, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  2. sjwrick

sjwrick Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ah ha. I had to open the firewall on the already clustered servers to allow outgoing communication to the new server.

I was looking at the wrong firewall.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...