The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNSONLY (cluster) and XXX.TLD.DB files

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by nostdotcom, Feb 13, 2006.

1. nostdotcom

nostdotcom Registered

Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad english, its not my first langage.

We currently use the DNS cluster, we have approx 10 servers in that cluster for maybe 2000 zone. We removed 2 servers from this cluster ...

Now these 2 servers (server1 and server2) we have their own DNS cluster. On these 2 servers we have run :

- Perform a DNS Cleanup (from whm)
    - Synchronize DNS Records (from whm) (server 1 and 2 synch together)
    - /scripts/fixnamed
    - /scripts/rebuildnamedconf

And if we going to the DNS FUNCTION under WHM for example EDIT A DNS ZONE, we still see all the zone from the cluster ...

The server 1 and the server 2 have approx 300 zones, but WHM and inside the /var/named and /etc/named.conf we can see all the zone from the old cluster.

There is any way to have only the zone from the server 1 and server 2 or we will have to manually delete the not needed zones (approx 1700) ?? It will take an eternity to delete each zone manually.

Thanks a lot for your help

Dany

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could try running WHM > Perform a DNS Cleanup, otherwise you'll probably have to script/manually correct named.conf and /var/named yourself.

3. nostdotcom

nostdotcom Registered

Hi,

WHM > Perform a DNS Cleanup, doesnt help, all unwanted zone are still there :-(

I think i have no choice to remove all the zone manually :(

Thanks

Dany