The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dnsonly install missing files for FreeBSD 5.3

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by szettervall, Jan 10, 2006.

1. szettervall

szettervall Member

During the "sh cpanel-universal-dnsonly-install.sea" I get the following messages at the end, everything else went fine with no obvious errors. Should I be worried?

cPanel Layer 2 Install Complete

Unable to retrieve modules
    ==> Post Install Complete
    chattr: not found
    Unable to retrieve modules
    cp: /usr/local/cpanel/src/chkservd/chkserv.d/cpsrvd: No such file or directory
    cp: /usr/local/cpanel/src/chkservd/chkserv.d/named: No such file or directory
    ./install: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/chkservd.sh: not found

***************** cPanel for FreeBSD ******************

cPanel for FreeBSD installation successful.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. szettervall

szettervall Member

Update.

The DNS server was only listening on the localhost interface. In order to make this server respond to external DSL queries I had to enable my public IP by modifying the listen-on option in named.conf then restart named.

Upon restarting the server to make sure all services came up normally I notice that cpanel did not startup, by this I mean I could not access my whm interface. To resolve this I started /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/dnsonlystartup

Can someone let me know if I am doing something wrong? The init scripts installed to /usr/local/etc/rc.d seem to be completely unaware this is a dnsonly server. It apears not much development time has been put into the dnsonly option.

Advice and insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Scott