The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNSonly servers are both down. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by sundream, Aug 25, 2010.

1. sundream

sundream Registered

Aug 11, 2006
    Wow. Out of the blue BOTH of my DNSonly servers have stopped functioning (but I can still SSH into them). All of my sites and email are now down as well. I only have ONE cpanel server related to these two dns servers.

Should I just add my primary and secondary dns names to my cpanel server and point them temporarily to my one cpanel server? Are the zones still stored on the master cpanel server?

Is there anyone who can help me at this late hour?
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a ticket

I apologize for the delayed response, but if you are still experiencing problems with the DNS-only servers, please submit a ticket and we will be happy to log in and see what has caused them to stop working.

To answer your questions, the zones should still be on the primary (full cPanel/WHM) server, and in theory you could repoint your domains to its nameservers, but due to propagation times, the most time-efficient thing would probably be to put the DNS-only servers back online. If they are still offline, the fastest way we could assist you would be via a ticket, and we would be happy to do so.