Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNSonly update problem, E Blocker found: the mysql-version value is invalid

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Nick57, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Nick57

Nick57 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have problem that some of my DNSonly servers can't update, it seems the mysql is to invalid [ my mysql version is 5.0] can I update this manually if so, how?

Thanks

2. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Without knowing the error it's hard to advise but, that said, sure - you can update MySQL. I'd dump all databases to .sql just in case and then update the MySQL RPMs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick57

Nick57 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

This is a DNSonly server.

The exact error is as follow, but really cPanel should know this I expect quite a few DNSonly servers are out there.

E Blocker found: The mysql-version value in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config is invalid. Valid values are 5.1 or 5.5. You can change the value here: <A HREF="http://forums.cpanel.net/scripts/mysqlupgrade">MySQL Upgrade</A>
    [20131211.230005] E Blocker found: Newer releases of cPanel & WHM are not compatible with your MySQL version: 5.0. Upgrade your MySQL server to a version greater or equal to 5.1
    [20131211.230005] W An attempt to up/downgrade to 11.40.0.26 was blocked. Please review blockers.

Thanks anyway.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can try the following steps:

1. Modify the /var/cpanel/cpanel.config file so that the following line exists:

Code:
    mysql-version=5.1
    Note that you should modify the "mysql-version" entry to 5.1 if an entry for 5.0 already exists.

2. Run the following command:

Code:
    /scripts/check_cpanel_rpms
    It should prompt you to update the MySQL RPMs. Keep in mind that you should backup your existing databases before upgrading to a new version of MySQL.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...