Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Do I need Cute FTP to Access FTP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by valle, Jan 6, 2003.

1. valle

valle Member

Can I access FTP through WIN XP or do I need a FTP program? Im still having problems with username and password. Although I have created an FTP area on my site that exists.

Thanks,
    Dominic

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

I think there is a utility in MS-DOS where you can log in via ftp, not exactly sure how to use it tho. You are probably best to grab a commercial ftp client.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Try asking your web host abut those questions BUT you in this case just put ftp://yourdomain.com in IE and then right click in white space and choose &login as&

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. valle

valle Member

[quote:a6c327d85c][i:a6c327d85c]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:a6c327d85c]

Try asking your web host abut those questions BUT you in this case just put ftp://yourdomain.com in IE and then right click in white space and choose &login as&[/quote:a6c327d85c]

I do that but it still wants a username and password even with anonymous activated. I click on logon anonymously but it wont accept any email I enter. Been three days now and no email support from my host:( Would cute ftp help?

Thanks,
    Valle