The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need WHMPHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cameronalgie, Mar 8, 2012.

1. cameronalgie

cameronalgie Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey everyone,

I have been using a master reseller account to start up my web hosting business since October and I am getting fed up with them now so I have decided to switch to a VPS.

I will be purchasing cPanel for my new VPS but I have quite a few reseller clients and I am just wondering do I need to purchase and install WHMPHP on cPanel or can I just create them without it.

Also will I be able to create reseller accounts using WHMCS and the cPanel module?

Thanks in advance,
    Cameron

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    cPanel does not do Master Reseller accounts, nor does cPanel provide support for the script WHMPHP or WHMCS. Questions about what can be done or not using them is better asked of them.

cPanel is not a module, those scripts are. I hope that helps at least a bit to help you understand things better.

GL!

3. PlotHost

PlotHost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    When you will switch to a VPS you will have root access, which is much more than a 'master reseller account'.
    You will need WHM... you don't need WHMPHP .

>>Also will I be able to create reseller accounts using WHMCS and the cPanel module?
    Yes, You will be able to create shared/reseller accounts. Read more here CPanel/WHM - WHMCS Documentation