The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do users have to type their full email name

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by naguib2000, Sep 16, 2005.

1. naguib2000

naguib2000 Member

how could i allow the users of my servers , use the mail service without having to write the full username@domain.com in the outlook express.

cannot it only be the username without the domain ??

what should i change in the exim.conf to let the users only type their username in the user feild in oultook express

i ll appreciate a help.

and any idea is welcomed regardless of the costs ( any other service can be sacrificed to let this thing done)

and thank you

2. naguib2000

naguib2000 Member

i remember that 2 years ago , all customers where only typing their username in ootlook express , and nobody had to type user@domain.com

what happened ??

3. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

http://squirrelmail.org has a plugin that allows for this. It's limitations is that it is only usable for a single domain, so each domain would need to install it. It's an easy install.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Since cPanel uses virtual POP3 accounts so that you can have the same username on multiple domains then you have to use the full email address. It's nothing to do with exim and there's no way around it.