The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know which php.ini your system uses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozzi4648, Feb 7, 2003.

1. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Its quite strange that cpanel seems to use the phi.ini in /usr/local/lib/php.ini and not in /etc/php.ini. Alot of Ensim users moving to Cpanel may not realize this. No matter what changes you make to /etc/php.ini there are no changes made to php settings after restarting Apache. Also, that brings up another question. Installing Zend then should based on the php.ini file in /usr/local/lib and again not in /etc/php.ini. Why are there so many php.ini's on the box. It seems useless to have a whole bunch of dead config files on the system.
  2. SprintSlash

SprintSlash Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2003
    How did you figure out which php.ini file was being used?
  3. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

[quote:c2c58c5355][i:c2c58c5355]Originally posted by SprintSlash[/i:c2c58c5355]

How did you figure out which php.ini file was being used?[/quote:c2c58c5355]

When changing options in /etc/php.ini and restarting Apache i noticed no change to the options changed. Phpinfo reported unchanged options. Its only after you make changes in /usr/local/lib and restart Apache that you will see changed options in phpinfo.
  4. taivu

taivu Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2001
    [quote:f178f565cd][i:f178f565cd]Originally posted by SprintSlash[/i:f178f565cd]

How did you figure out which php.ini file was being used?[/quote:f178f565cd]

Take a look at the phpinfo() output. Last item in the first box:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/lib/php.ini

ozzi4648: /etc/php.ini is a file in your system(s)? On ours it's a symlink to /usr/local/lib/php.ini.