The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Document Sharing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by house, Jul 31, 2006.

1. house

house Member

Hi,
    Not sure exact terms so searching for old similar topics is hard.

I would like to link directly to a folder on my hard drive via a link on my website. This would enable my customers to access documents real time.

???

All help is appreciated as all I have figured out is how to put text and pictures onto my website. I still haven't mastered links etc.

:)

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You want to link to files, on your own personal computer, from your website?

3. house

house Member

Its work files. Thousands of word documents that I have to send out by email. Much easier if they can just get straight to the file.

Then can not add any new software to thier computer as thier IT dept. wont allow it.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

The most sensible option by far would be to upload the files to your hosting account and then provide access via FTP or, preferably, some individually-authenticated web interface.

If you even need to ask how to link to files on your own personal computer, it is not something you want to consider.