The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does CPanel force abbreviation of state names (Florida=FL)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guidolotito, Aug 21, 2008.

1. guidolotito

guidolotito Registered

I'm not a user of CPanel, but I was told by someone that many shared hosting providers use it to collect information when their customers need to request an SSL certificate. My company issues SSL certificates.

The person who told me about this said that CPanel wouldn't let him enter the full name of the state he was in (Florida) and instead forced him to change it to FL (or maybe CPanel automatically replaced it by FL, I don't know).

The problem is that when that state name gets put into a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to send to us, we need the full state name, not the two-letter abbreviation.

I'm concerned that many of our customers might have this problem because many of their hosting providers use CPanel to collect this info. Is there a way to get CPanel to allow the full state name?

I know I'm kind of grasping at straws, because I know nothing about CPanel, but I thought I would give this forum a try. Thanks!