The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does cPanel offer a TRUE alias email address option

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Kim Huff, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Kim Huff

Kim Huff Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I did some research online looking for a way to create an alias email address using cPanel. Meaning, an address that is different, but that will send all messages to a different email address I selected on that domain.

I saw several posts about using a forward, but it does not seem like a "real" alias. The forward screen states the following:

So, if I create a forward/alias like alias@mydomain.com and have it send to my main address at real_email@mydomain.com, it will send the emails from alias to my "real_email" address, but the paragraph above states that a COPY of the email will stay with the forward email address.. or in this case alias@mydomain.com.

I do not want to fill up my webmail with emails... all I want is for the messages at alias to MOVE to real_mail without a copy being made.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Kim

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can create a forward, only, and not an actual email account, yes. Try it. :)