The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does cPanel really do multiple domains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meeven, Jun 30, 2007.

1. meeven

meeven Well-Known Member

I was a bit stumped to read on a site a short while ago that their hosting account offers the ability to run multiple domains off a single cpanel account.

I know you can have sub-domains, parked domains and add-on domains related to a single domain to which the cPanel user account is tied, but this seems to suggest that I can run multiple, independent domains (different tlds) off a single cPanel account.

Is this really true? The site is http://www.thinktivity.com/hosting.php and the multiple site thing is to the right of the page.

Thanks,
    Meeven

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

The link is saying nothig different. You have can a combination of Park/Sub/Add-on domains upto 50. There is nothing like separate websites under 1 cPanel account like it is in Plesk having separate control panel for each of them. You will have to manage all those 50 domains from one cPanel account.

And add-on domain is an independent website and you can have different tld's for Park and Addon domains.

3. hostmedic

hostmedic Well-Known Member

Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    very doable

This is very doable...

one thing to note - if you plan on reselling this space - it gets difficult as you cannot give each user their own user/pass to the control panel so they can add email accounts etc.

Also - if you go to separate these out later - it does become a hassle.

Many of the resellers - and then server owners on these boards have started that way :)

4. meeven

meeven Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess parked and add domains pointing to different tlds can be managed from the same cPanel account, although I haven't really tried it.

Hostmedic, I get your points. I have WHM, so setting up resellers is not an issue.

Thanks.:)

5. zaxihosting

zaxihosting Member

Hello,
    When you add addon domains you will manage them by different cpanel.
    For example domain1.com:2082 domain2.com:2082 but they will have the same quotas,etc
    Regards

6. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is a great solution for web designers and web masters who manage their client's websites, email accounts, DB's etc.

But for a reseller, I don't know. my resellers prefer their own WHM access.