The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Cpanel really support their product?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NetGeek, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

Hi

I hate to take this off the offical support channel and bring it to a forum, but the cpanel support left me no options!

I posted two tickets so far reporting problems and errors and incomplete Apache/PHP/MySQL upgrades using easyapache. Thought the intial repsonse and help were prompt (thanks Kyle) for ticket# 162007 all the other responses came very late and some times it took more than ONE DAY just to get a response! I am saying a response not a support. After the 1st upgrade I pointed out there are some problems with the upgrade espically with phpsuexec not working but the developer ignored it.

Since that I decided to re-upgrade myself using option 7 assuming that the problem with easyapache is fixed by now and I can trust it'll work as it supposed to work for what we pay its license for, But the same thing happend again and both apache and mysql stopped to work. To make the long story short, I was able to rollback the apache to its previous state just prior to the 1st upgrade done by cpanel supprt (apart from phpsuexec) after few hours of downtime. Now many sites who used the new MySQL server have their sites down. The same goes for those who their scripts write to the drive.

I opend a new ticket [# 163388] @ 2006-11-11 10:52:17. 1st response came at 2006-11-12 01:20:22.
    second response 2006-11-12 08:48:36 three hours after my last reply. Then the last I heared from the CPanel support was at 2006-11-13 09:38:17 and it was more like a repeated comment from the previous guy to ignore the error messeges! (even the apache stoped working at some time).
    Since the upgrade at the 1st ticket last week no one has logged into the server or checked it out.. all I am getting every few ours is a quick comment!

This is not a flamming or if-you-dont-do-that-and-that-I'will-go-to-another-vendor kind of thread, but I am really losing business over this issue and customers are hauling to the competitors. I am seeing the business I worked hard for 5 years to build crumbling because of an issue that will take half an hour for cpanel tech to fix!

NetGeek

2. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

I would like to thank Alex Villegas for his great help. And forum admins you have the option to delete this thread if you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.