Does cPanel slow down your server?

rvelton

Oct 30, 2007
Orange Country, CA
I have a few individual in the admin industry that tell me cPanel slows down a server. Is this true? If so, how much does it tax the server and slow it down?

I have a new server that I am going to solely use for 1 site and 1 site only. Is cPanel even the way to go on that server?

Thanks.

sirotex

Jul 10, 2008
cPanel does not slow down a server, unless it has horrible specs and then you really shouldn't be hosting with low specs. Having said that it would be a tad expensive buying cPanel for one site, or a server for that matter. Why not just use a shared account or reseller account?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a few individual in the admin industry that tell me cPanel slows down a server. Is this true? If so, how much does it tax the server and slow it down?

I have a new server that I am going to solely use for 1 site and 1 site only. Is cPanel even the way to go on that server?

Thanks.
What is the 'admin industry?'

Did these people give you specifics or just generalizations?

Without specifics we cannot provide accurate answers. Also, the generalization will be treated purely as anecdotal, hence having little to no intrinsic value for performance discussions.

apscinsspl

Mar 15, 2008
Hello,

LOL, now way cpanel slows down the server. It understands the OS very well, I would say its the best panel to manage your hosting accounts. Just go for it :)