Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Does cPanel support mod_perl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moribund, Dec 14, 2004.

1. moribund

moribund Member

My brother gave me an account on his dedicated server that runs cpanel. On my servers at home I have mod_perl installed, and it has been installed on his server. My question is Can I add mod_perl handlers in cPanel somehow, or do I have to beg my brother for root access, or have him add them to my <VirtualHost>'s in httpd.conf? I know regular CGI works, and that cPanel's apache is smart enough for .pl files in your cgi-bin to be run as CGI's, but I want the incredible flexiblility that is only available in mod_perl. If you don't know what mod_perl is check out their homepage at mod_perl.

Thanks,
    moribund

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i suppose u will have to have the root.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moribund

moribund Member

Darn, I'm an idiot. If I need root, I can use sudo. And edit /etc/sudoers, and give access to opening httpd.conf in vi as well as apachectl graceful. But does anyone else have any other ideas?