The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does no one care of major bugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by naox, Mar 25, 2005.

1. naox

naox Well-Known Member

I posted this MAJOR bug in bugzilla for year now, many times. Absolutly no answer to that

Description
    There are two dns clustered cpanel servers
    Users on both servers can park domains freely

Now. There are two users

no1 - lets say its ME! webhosting web page on username admin that parked domain.com on serwer 1

no2 - some customer on serwer 2 that NOW parks domain domain.com using any park option in cpanel.

And guess what? Because user can park any domain on server2, even those that are in dns zones he can steal mine domain, or any other domain on server!

quite non important bug right? Of course by stealing domain and basic recreation of webpage or emails you can steal all the passwords you want (even in ssl when someone clicks yes on bad rsa)

I wonder how many years have to pass to cpanel finaly dont allow parking domains that are allready in dns zone of local dns serwer. Its quite easy. But if anyone cares? not.

2. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

theres an option in whm for that. Under tweak settings you fool. Dont be dissin' the cpanel crew unless you do your own research. K thx.

Regards,
    Brent

PS: I dont think thats a really important bug