The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Zero Inboxes Mean The Account Cannot Send Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gator, Mar 5, 2007.

1. gator

gator Active Member

If I take an existing CPanel account and change the maximum number of email mailboxes to ZERO they obviously cannot receive email but can they send email?

I have a user who's website has been compromised by a spammer. His site is suspended since he apparently has a security hole that allowed a PHP script to be uploaded. I'd like to give him access to clean up and upgrade his site but I don't want to let the spammers back in. How can I turn off ALL email capabilities for one specific account so I can allow him to clean things up. Is this possible?

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

hi,
    i would work this kinda situation in 2 possible ways.
    1). change the cpanel password for this user, create additional FTP account and let then re-upload their site. once things are normal handover then the cpanel login details.

2). set his username or default ID or problematic ID to forward mail to :fail: and it won't let you relay, this worked for me in past but iam not 100% sure.

see ya,
    mohit