The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain change problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unirawan, Aug 3, 2004.

1. unirawan

unirawan Registered

I have my domain name registered with CompanyA with my Domain Space Hosted by CompanyB utilizing cPanel for use of the domain space on CompanyB

My domain name was coming up for renew, and i didnt want to renew it, so i selected and registered another domain name with companyA, and cancelled and deleted the oroginal Domain name

I set the nameservers to point to CompanyB's servers correctly.

Now, the problem is that it stil lsays my original domain name in cPanel tht i use with CompanyB.

How do i change this ?

even the email and all subdomain and all things in cpanel say original domain name and i want to use NEW domain name

it has been 3 days and my CompanyB domain space host hasnt responded and i need to get this site live, as well as the email setup and subdomains setup.

thank you

2. ccccanada

ccccanada Well-Known Member

One thing you could try is set up the new domain name as a parked domain this will add the entries needed in the DNS servers and point the domain as well as emails to the right place.

If your new host has disabled this feature though it will not work and then you will need to contact them or get a better hosting company if they dont respond to you.