The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain.com/cpanel forwarding to hostname

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sykoi, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Sykoi

Sykoi Member

I just moved to a new server, transferred all of my domains over, and for some reason whenever a user visits www.domain.com/cpanel - it takes them to the hostname of the server (It still takes them to the control panel, but all domains go to the same page). How can I fix this? It's starting to get on my nerves a bit.

Also, just out of curiosity - where is 11.25? Is it only on EDGE? If not, is it stable enough to use on a server with at most, moderately-active sites?

Thanks

Edit: Another quick question... My new host (iWeb) had auto-configured my server so my hostname points to a privatedns.com sub-domain. Is there anything wrong with this? It resolves to my server properly - and I don't really want to change it unless there's a benefit for having it on, say, (servername).(mydomain).com

#1 Sykoi, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Shyam Mohammed

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

You will be able to change the redirection behaviour in your WHM >> Tweak Settings option. You will be able to set the redirect to the original domain name instead of hostname or SSL certificate name.

As for cpanel 11.25 question, it is always suggested to be in a stable tree if you are having a lot of production sites in your server.

Since your server hostname is resolving correctly there is no need to have it changed and I suggest you to stick with your host unless you really need your domain in your hostname. (the main domain will likely create an impact that it is using its own server when you change the hostname to server.yourdomain.com, but it has no technical advantage seemingly over the alternate setup.)