Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DOMAIN CONFLICT: domain owned by system - the copy failed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdaddy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. pdaddy

pdaddy Registered

I have a new cpanel server and I am migrating from the old one.

My chosen domain for the new server's nameserver is hosted on the old server, but I have mapped ns1.mydomain.com to the IP address of the new server and started moving other domains across, which wasworking fine.

However when I try to do a Cpanel account transfer for the main mydomain.com, I am getting the DOMAIN CONFLICT error.

The main domain isn't on the system as an account and has no DNS zones - it's just got the ns1.mydomain.com as its hostname. Cpanel must see this as 'owning' the domain and won't let me move the domain account itself to the new server.

How can I resolve this?

2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I will recommend you to use the --force option to restore it forcefully. It should help you in resolving this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you positive that no DNS zones exist on the destination server? It looks like a zone might have been added for the primary domain name on the destination server to handle the "A" record for the hostname.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...