The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOMAIN CONFLICT: domain owned by system - the copy failed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdaddy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. pdaddy

pdaddy Registered

I have a new cpanel server and I am migrating from the old one.

My chosen domain for the new server's nameserver is hosted on the old server, but I have mapped ns1.mydomain.com to the IP address of the new server and started moving other domains across, which wasworking fine.

However when I try to do a Cpanel account transfer for the main mydomain.com, I am getting the DOMAIN CONFLICT error.

The main domain isn't on the system as an account and has no DNS zones - it's just got the ns1.mydomain.com as its hostname. Cpanel must see this as 'owning' the domain and won't let me move the domain account itself to the new server.

How can I resolve this?

2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I will recommend you to use the --force option to restore it forcefully. It should help you in resolving this.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you positive that no DNS zones exist on the destination server? It looks like a zone might have been added for the primary domain name on the destination server to handle the "A" record for the hostname.

Thank you.