The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain cPanel and Hosting cPanel are Different

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by RSoul, Dec 5, 2015.

1. RSoul

RSoul Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi everyone!
    I currently found myself in a problem I'm not able to fix.
    I don't know if the solution is very easy or complicated, so that is why I'm asking.

Around three weeks or so ago I had my website up and running, updated to the lastest version I made. And all of a sudden one day I noticed it was sent back to the default state (It came with a Wordpress template, so that is how I knew).

Immediately after, I tried to access via FileZilla and noticed I couldn't connect to it anymore, from that point on it always gave me a "Login authentication failed." error. And now when I tried to login to cPanel it always told me the password was incorrect, and resetting it gave me no email. As a quick note, the site remained with no changes for around a week or so and then the problem randomly happened, so the site wasn't touched at all.

So I immediately contacted my host provider and was told that they are unable to edit it because it was on other server. Apparently if I enter cPanel via cpanel.mydomain.com it sent me to one server and if I entered it via the link I can access via my hosting service profile it sent me to another (at the navbar that is).

I can enter to the cPanel provided by my hosting service, and it DOES say it is of the domain I CAN'T access via cpanel.mydomain.com, and to make the problem even weirder the html files are updated to that of the version before I had any problem.

So my current problems are:
    -My cPanel domain files seem to have no effect on the one displayed online. (If I edit the html files, it makes no effect on the website)
    -And most importantly, it appears my hosting service provides of a cPanel server but my domain is on other?

Then again, I haven't been able to find my issue online, so that's why any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you, and have a nice day.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The information you provided suggests you have two separate hosting accounts. Does "cpanel.yourdomain" resolve to the IP address associated with your new hosting provider?

Thank you.

3. RSoul

RSoul Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi~
    Thank you for responding, I'm afraid that is the part that is giving me the most trouble.
    Because I only have one hosting provider, this is the very first time I get a hosting service, same goes for the domain, it is the first one I ever got.

No new hosting provider, no new domains. I was suddenly told my domain was on a different server and so the hosting admins couldn't touch it. Should I write here which servers are part of the issue (meaning, writing down who provided my hosting)?

4. Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    You should use the CPanel link provided by hosting company. I have been using same strategy for 2 years. I am not a skilled developer so I just like to keep things straightforward and never faced any issue.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on this? Did you ask your hosting provider to clarify the changes that were made? For instance, did they ask you to change your name servers?

Thank you.