The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain deleted but user account still there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gordypordy, Jul 23, 2006.

1. gordypordy

gordypordy Active Member

Hi,

I have a domain which has been deleted from named, but the username still exists and I can still FTP to the site.

The problem started after I did a full back up of a user account for a client who wanted to change his site from a phpnuke to vbulletin, so I backed up first. Then I removed his site/account completely from the server.

Then I restored the domain to the server using a completely new username/ account and put up his vb site for him.

There was stuff that I needed from his old site, so I restored his old phpnuke site backup to another domain name, but using the client's old username. Then I downloaded the nuke database, opened it in word and did a replace of all the clients actual domain name to the domain named I used for retrieving the stuff I needed. This allowed me to get into the site and gather what I needed.

Then I deleted the account/domain name which I put up with the clients old backup from the server.

However, it has ALSO deleted his actual domain name from named. There is no longer a dns zone for it, and when you put the url for the site up in your browser it comes up with the cpanle deafult 'there is no website configured at this address' page.

So basically his site has gone, but the USER ACCOUNT is still on the server, I can FTP into, but as far as other functions are concerned the domain doesn;t exits on the server anymore.

How can I get this domain back on the server and associated with this user account where all his data is still located ?