Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Domain emails are unable to deliver to gmail users

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Vishal Chauhan, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Vishal Chauhan

Vishal Chauhan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I Had purchase the VPS server from you guys on 23rd Aug, From that day till now my domain emails are unable to reach to any of gmail users. Had tried multiple times to your support but no resolution.

Then Had try to switch mail exchanger to Remote mail exchanger : but no luck, after switching to remote mail exchanger gmail user are able to receive the email but internal mail stopped working. then had switched back to local mail exchanger

As no proper support received from you guys then tried to contact to Cpanel.net support. then they help me and they have taken the access of my server through SSH. they have found that no issue at my server end. emails are going through my server and stuck at mail exchanger Smart HOST (by Godaddy only), from this Smart host mails are bouncing back.

Then I tried to contact your support again for the same, had forwarded all the email to your representative which emails had received from cpanel support. but still your team is denying to accept that this mail exchanger (smart host) is not a part of godaddy.

So please check the issue and provide some resolution.

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    GoDaddy provides detailed list of instructions for setting up a VPS server and cPanel to work with their SmartHost email service (Apologies for reproducing it here, but it keeps geolocating me and switching to Spanish - so if you want these instructions in your own language; try browsing to GoDaddy Help and Support | Customer Knowledge Base – GoDaddy Help and work through their help pages.)

From what I can see, if you have a GoDaddy VPS server, they require you to use their remote SmartHost service. If you insist on using the cPanel built-in local mail exchanger - you would need to move to some server configuration other than a VPS (or maybe to some other provider).

I don't think this is the fault of cPanel, and support probably tried to explain this to you.

I hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 rpvw, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

This actually sounds like you're trying to reach your provider, cPanel is not your hosting provider. You will need to contact them to address issues with your server with them. I would suggest following the instructions provided by @rpvw as well but GoDaddy's support/help can be found here: GoDaddy Help and Support | Customer Knowledge Base – GoDaddy Help

Again, issues with your hosting are not something cPanel can assist you with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...