The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain for Jsp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by particklau, Apr 19, 2004.

1. particklau

particklau Registered

I have installed the tomcat 5.0 on my cpanel server which is running Fedora 1, i would like to know how to let the domain to have the premisson to run .jsp file?

2. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just go to your WHM and click add servlets.

BTW, I am not too happy with the way the Tomcat install is set up, I would recomend doing two things.

1) go to /etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties and take out the jkstatus thing (I think it is insecure to leave that up)

Check it out now:

http://your.ip.number.here/jkstatus

2) I like to edit the entries in the /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.1/build/conf/server/xml file that are set up by the WHM.

It should only have _one_ host entry in the server.xml . Having two causes my app to be loaded twice (once for each domain alias).

I change this:

<Host name="domain.name" appBase="/home/username/public_html">

<Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/username/public_html" debug="1"/>

<Host name="www.domain.name" appBase="/home/username/public_html">

<Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/username/public_html" debug="1"/>

to this:

<Host name="domain.name" appBase="/home/username/webapps" autoDeploy ="true">
    <!-- domain aliases -->
    <Alias>www.domain.name</Alias>

<!-- context -->
    <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/username/webapps/" debug="1">

</Host>

HTH :D