The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain forwarding

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by aqrhine, Jun 30, 2004.

1. aqrhine

aqrhine Registered

Okay.

I run www.skooma.com and I registered a new domain www.sigcontest.com and I want to point it to a specific folder on my site. www.skooma.com/sigcontest

So what do i need to know to get this done? My host prevo.net I have the gold plus plan and it allows for addon/parked/sub domains but I don't know what I need to do to set this up using cpanel 9.3.0-RELEASE, Build 5

And I havn't set up any dns info, but I didn't have to for my old domain either.
    -----------EDIT-----------

Since sig contest will be another website hosted on the same plan if I understand it right A parked domain would be the best way to go right? Perhaps a guide to set this up if i'm right.

#1 aqrhine, Jun 30, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Click the Addon link in cpanel, enter the domain name and the folder you'd like it to point to. That should be it.

3. aqrhine

aqrhine Registered

well, I went to addon domains entered as the domain www.sigcontest.com and then the subdomain www.sigcontest.skooma.com and entered a password but when I go to sigcontest.com it doesn't go to sigcontest.skooma.com its just a 404

I just registered the domain no moe then 20 minutes ago though. Or did you mean i should use parked domain?

4. aqrhine

aqrhine Registered

I read this at the my host website where i registered the domain. This is probably why it's not going right?

#4 aqrhine, Jun 30, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2004