The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Forwarding

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mweller, May 11, 2012.

1. mweller

mweller Member

WHM 11.32.2 build 25
    CentOS 6.2 x86_64

I know... there are a lot of posts on here about domain forwarding not working. I have read them all and I still can't get this to work (sometimes).

domaina.com is set to forward all email to domainb.com using the Domain Forward option in cPanel.

I send an email to user@domaina.com. user@domaina.com receives the email but user@domainb.com does not receive it.

user@ exists on both domaina.com and domainb.com

I run:
    Code:
    exigrep sender@someplace.com /var/log/exim_mainlog
    and the output shows sender@someplace.com sending the email and the server receives it and processes it for user@domaina.com and that's as far as the logs go. No errors at all and no mention of domainb.com. /etc/vdomainaliases/domaina.com shows:

Code:
    domaina.com: domainb.com
    The odd thing is that it works for some other domains. Normal user forwarding works fine... only full domain forwarding seems to fail (or do nothing at all, no errors so fail is probably the wrong word).

/etc/exim.conf shows:
    Code:
    valias_domain_file:
      driver = redirect
      allow_defer
      allow_fail
      require_files = +/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain
      condition = ${lookup {$domain} lsearch {/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain}{yes}{no} }
      data = $local_part@${lookup {$domain} lsearch {/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain} }

The permissions on /etc/vdomainaliases/domaina.com are correct (domainauser:rw - mail:r)

If I do a:
    Code:
    exim -bt -d user@domaina.com
    there is absolutely no mention of /etc/vdomainaliases/domaina.com in the outptut. If I perform the same command on a domain that forwarding is working on, /etc/vdomainaliases/workingdomain.com is mentioned and the mail gets routed properly.

Every domain that it is working is a parked domains but for this one I'm trying to forward all email from a domain hosted on my server to a domain hosted on a completely different server (should this matter?). The WHM/cPanel server reads the MX records of the remote server fine and can send email to that server with no trouble at all.

What am I missing? I have restarted exim, cPanel, and the entire server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you logged a support ticket for this?

3. mweller

mweller Member

It looks as if it is forwarding for accounts that do not exist but not for accounts that do. Could this have to do with other forwards that exist within the domain? There are quite a few other user aliases.