Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Domain in WHM: IP MISSING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morphey, Jun 4, 2008.

1. morphey

morphey Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a domain in my WHM.
    In practice in column IP address does not appear effective, but it is MISSING.
    While trying to change IP is not working.
    How can I fix?

tnks

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Do you have any data/content uploaded on that domain ? If not, can you try recreating that specific account ? Hope that helps..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. morphey

morphey Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I solved by manually editing all the files in /var/cpanel/userdata/USER.

4. feroz97

feroz97 Member

Hello,

I have the same problem.
    Can you tell me what exactly you modified ? Cause I checked all the files and they all seems fine. Yet the problem persists.
    I even tried deleting the account are re-creating it, still the same case.

Please Help!

5. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Same issue here.

I've checked the data file (looks ok), I've run a number of things from rebuilding the httpdconf to running a fixeverything. Still no resolve.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Resolved on my end by running /scripts/buildhttpdconf

This re-entered the IP number into the httpd.conf file. Running /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf did not resovle it (odd, you'd think it would).

So there ya go - hope it helps someone else.

7. section31

section31 Active Member

interested, that fixed it on my end...why is this happening though. could it be because i don't have my nameservers set yet?

8. morteza

morteza Member

for further references as this happens frequently, another solution is to make a backup of the account (with /scripts/pkgacct username), terminate it, and restore the backup you've got. this will add the missing records wherever they're; or at least works for me. I've used the above suggestions before, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

9. FrankLaszlo

FrankLaszlo Active Member

Another option is to just use the "Change Site's IP Address" tool in WHM. Had a customer on a VPS with this issue earlier this morning and that seemed to fix it.

10. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    This issue should not happen frequently and terminating an account should not be used as a corrective step in attempt to resolve the described symptom; if the symptom is experienced on a recurring basis or if there is difficulty with correcting the situation please submit a support request so that we may investigate the specific circumstances involved and directly troubleshoot. If a support request is submitted, when possible, please PM me referencing the forums thread and the ticket ID number so I may follow-up internally.

When working on the server please take careful note of recent actions and administrative events, including attempted corrective measures; knowing what occurred before the issue occurred and what was performed afterward will help greatly with determining the source of the difficulty.

11. morteza

morteza Member

Thanks, yes I see. I will submit a support ticket if that happened again. Experienced it 3 or 4 times, this happened after restoring a backup. Sometimes the restored backup has the IP problem. Since this has happened on different servers for me, I guess it's not about one specific server. I will inform you if this happens next time, thanks again.