The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain name help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by velvet, Apr 30, 2007.

1. velvet

velvet Registered

Hi, im not sure if im asking this in the right place.. (sorry if not)

My domain name set with my web host at the moment is baby-bubble.info. I have parked my other domain (velvet-rose.co.uk) using the cPanel. Im wanting to point velvet-rose.co.uk to a sub directory on my main domain. For example: velvet-rose.co.uk goes to ==> baby-bubble.info/sub

To try and to this i have redirected my domain velvet-rose.co.uk to baby-bubble.info/sub.. and this works fine. However, im wanting the domain name in the browser address bar to be velvet-rose.co.uk, but at the moment it changes back to baby-bubble.info/sub

Is it possible for the domain name to stay as velvet-rose.co.uk in the browser bar. Also, is it possible to have it show "looking up velvet-rose.co.uk" and "connecting to velvet-rose.co.uk" in the bottom left hand side of the browser (firefox) and not show baby-bubble.info instead. Im not wanting my host to change the domain on my hosting account to velvet-rose.co.uk as i want it to stay as baby-bubble.info.

Im not sure if this is possible or how to acheive this. Thanks for any help
    Greatly Appreciated.
    Regards,
    Velvet